Monday, June 2, 2008

Take the 5

So Ben and I learned a couple of things this weekend:

- San Diego is far away and just because family is in town does not mean we should drive down on both Saturday and Sunday
- The San Diego military is always on duty even when the Rock & Roll marathon is finishing on their base
- I need to wear sunscreen at all times and even in places that I cannot reach or see... namely my back.
- the toll road that destroyed Laguna canyon may have been an issue 13 years ago, but boy does it make for a smooth commute to Southern OC and who knew it would pave the way for a Mormon church and a bazillion McMansions
- I still remember where all the 7-11's are located in my home town and I think I may have shoplifted from each one
- Diesel is $5.11 and the Prius got 49 miles per gallon

1 comment:

Lesley Robin said...

oh man do i love that toll road. you have a prius?